Iron Man Helmet Part 2
Here’s the second day of work on the Iron Man helmet. I spent about an hour grinding off some of the excess casting material and got completely fed up with this crappy rotary tool I’ve got. So I went out and got myself a decent Dremel tool – MAN what a difference! I ground through a huge section in no time. It pays to use decent tools.
The back section is holding together nicely (it should with the amount of fiberglass I stuck on there) but I can see already that I’m going to have a hard time marrying it to the front part.
Not sure if its the sculpt or a result of the damage, but I need to put a spacer inside to bend it outwards to line up on both sides.
We’ll see when I can get around to working on this again. With New York Comic Con and another trailer deadline coming up fast, I foresee some six day weeks in my near future.